Re: OT: flash to pass switch

From: Bill S. (kb7vkl@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jun 10 2006 - 17:40:31 EDT

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 14:14:27 -0400, rayirons@sbcglobal.net (Ray Irons)
wrote:

>The reason the bike makers have included this feature
>in the newer models is for safety.

There's a big difference between flashing your lights and having a
modulated headlight. I highly recommend that you don't flash, get a
modulator if you want visibility. I ride and I know we're invisible to
cagers, I sure as hell don't want to send them the wrong signal.
from what I've read the flashing of headlights means something
different in Europe and the Far East.

>He understands the deal with flashing lights. I
>believe the average motorist goes "Huh? Whats that
>light flashing for?"

And half of them will think "oh, he must want me to go..."
Never trust a cager, they really are out to kill us two wheelers.
These are the light "flashers" that work, if you local law allows
them:
http://www.customdynamics.com/kisan_pathblazer_headlight_modulator.htm

1994 Dak, V6, AT, AC, all stock for now
.