Re: towing a dakota--need help ASAP

From: Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com
Date: Fri Jun 16 2006 - 08:38:00 EDT

Yea, I gave it up myself a handful of years back though I still take a ride
from time to time in a wrecker. Got tired of rotation lists, motor clubs and
idiots who "only ran in for 5 minutes".

AAA policy has been to automatically request a flatbed for any 4x4, for a bunch
of years. But it's not really a necessity and I wouldn't concider their guide
the most accurate. It's heavily bias towards their own policies, which is
understandable.

Last month I borrowed a friend's International to haul another friend's 2500
Cummins Diesel 4x4 back from NJ after he snapped the tranny main shaft at the
drag strip. Now that's Torque! LOL. I wheel lifted it from the rear and
dragged it backwards with the the transfer case in 2Hi. He put a new bilet
shaft in there and was back down at the strip a week later.

Walt

In article <381.4a7c1e8.31c2db0f@aol.com>, Olznut@aol.com writes:
> LOL!!! 12 years towing here bud, same as well, LMFAO!! And, if my foggy
> memory serves me right, according to the AAA towing guides (I don't tow
anymore,
> work for CHP now), pretty much ALL 4x4 Dodges since 1994 say dollies or
> flatbed, and the 2wd's 30mph for 35 miles (or something like that)

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |