Re: RE: Round air cleaners

From: Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com
Date: Fri Jun 23 2006 - 09:24:06 EDT

Josh,

   Is the problem that the base of the air cleaner hits on something on top of
the intake. IIRC when I put a 14" on my '88, the base that came with the air
cleaner was recessed to make it sit lower, however it hit on a hard A/C line.
I ended up swapping bases with another air cleaner that had a flat bottom which
mage the air cleaner sit a little higher.

Walt

In article <44976.67.149.50.224.1151063630.squirrel@webmail.omg-stfu.com>,
josh.lists@omg-stfu.com ("Josh Battles") writes:

> On Thu, June 22, 2006 10:00 am, Ray Block wrote:
> >
> > While an open element looks and sounds cool, you should be aware it will
> > slow you down from the heated air it inhales. I lose a tenth of a second
> > and one mph in the quarter with a 14x3 K&N. My smaller stock air cleaner
> > drawing air from the grille is much better.
> >
> > Ray
> > http://www.dragtruk.com/ENTRIES/20KM1FD2KWBP.html
>
> I have a functional cowl hood and will be building an airbox to seal the area
> it'll be sucking air from. I don't really anticipate this to be an issue.
>
> Will that unit fit the TB? They tell me it's a 5.25" opening.
.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |