Still have 3 NV-3500 transmissions

From: David Henry (DML@HenryWeb.net)
Date: Sun Jul 02 2006 - 22:33:40 EDT

I have 2 new "rebuilt" NV-3500 transmissions. One is a 4x4 style, the other
is a 4x2 style. Neither will fit a 94 4x4 (what I have). After my trans
died a couple years ago I ordered a replacement trans. The first one to
arive was a 4x4 style. Everything bolts up fine until the you get around to
hookinng up the driveshaft and find out it doesn't fit anymore :( I suspect
the 4x4 trans I have will fit the newer dakotas. Called up company waited a
few more weeks and then sent the next trans. As this was a 4x2 style,
isnstalation wasn't attempted, so I'm not sure if that one was intended for
older or newer Dakotas. They finally got it right on the 3rd try and that
trans is still in my Dak with no issues, so they must have been better at
building them than sending the correct one:) I'd assume they're complete
morons if it wern't for the fact that I think they only made about 240 V8
5spd 4x4 Dakota's in 94. Anyway, the transmissions are located near
Detroit, MI. I'd prefer local pickup, but would be willing to ship if I can
figure out how to package it. I do have a plastic case that one of them
arrived in, but I'm not sure which one fits in it.

I'd like $750 for each of the good ones, as that's what the company will
change me if they ever figure out I never could find a way to send them
back. Aparently inventory control isn't one of there stong points either.

I still have my original trans. It has one mounting ear that's been cracked
(It was a problem that took 5 years to track down, so it's not a big deal).
It does still work, but makes a fairly loud noise in the first 3 gears. 4th
seems to be fine though. It did get me home around 150 miles in this state,
and then another 15 to the mechanic. Fee if you want it.

If you're interested in any of the transmissions, I'll be heading out to the
national meet on I-80 and returning via I-70.

-- David 94 CC Sport 4x4, 318, 5spd, Lifted with 33" BFG MT's

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |