Re: [National DML Meet] Jason and Norah are at Jon's

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Tue Jul 11 2006 - 09:27:21 EDT

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006, Jason wrote:

> Finally. We actually rolled in here around 6:30 PM or so. Didn't even
> leave the house until after 10:00 this morning, after my early morning
> post that we were "almost ready" to go. Ha, ha. Forgot about mundane
> details like, oh, breakfast, getting dressed, that sort of thing. If
> you're going to try to cross the border, it's best not to do so while
> wearing your bathrobe.
> Anyway, we have several travel notes to post later when we get more
> time, and a picture or two, and a GPS log. For now, it's off to bed.
> We're really going to try to be up earlier tomorrow and actually on
> the road at a decent time. No really. Stop laughing. I can hear you
> from here.

well in this case I might pass you along the way someplace. My plans have
finally sorted themselves out. I'm going to be working in Centennial and
Littleton on Thursday and Friday of this week, I'm going to have a couple
looong travel days starting around noon today. The Dakota is loaded up
and (theoretically) ready to rock, and so am I. I need to find out if the
Lone Duck reservations are good for Friday night or if I'll get a hotel
that night and show up early on Saturday. I'm also working on the other
end of my vacation, so I'll be departing Lone Duck on Sunday for exciting
Brighton about 60 miles to the north, on the far side of Denver.

Too bad I wasn't smart and didn't get myself set up with a Blogger account
and posting rights yet... I should get my details into the blog at some
point before I forget altogether.

I've been doing a lot of traveling recently, sorry I've been on the
lowdown. If anybody needs to get ahold of me (trouble on the road
perhaps), you can call my cell at 612.618.4652, hopefully I don't hear
from any of you out of necessity since my travel schedule is tight, but
I'll do anything I can to assist if needed.

Safe travels, drive fast & reckless, keep the rubber side down, and show
up with some venison (the fresher the better)! (Tom, feel free to ignore
this advice, I'm glad to see you're on your way and I want you to actually
*make it*)

cya!

--
  +-- Mike Maskalans ---------------- Rochester, NY ----------+
  | '98 Dakota CC, SAS on 40s  '84 RamCharger 4x4, plow truck |

. . .------------------------------------------------------------------. | Make your plans NOW to attend the National DML Meet in Colorado! | | Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net | `------------------------------------------------------------------'