[National DML Meet] Today was a long day!

From: Mr. Mindless (mike-blogger@tepidcola.com)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2006 - 00:31:23 EDT

   =20 But a thankfully uneventful one. I can do without nearly loosing a
   tire ev= ery day!
   I left Morris, IL (I-80 exit 112) at 8:30 or so, easter= n time, and
   arrived at my home for the next few nights, the Bradley Homesui= tes
   in Centennial, CO at 22:15 ET. 980 miles according to my odometer,
   and= after doing some careful comparisons between my odo and my GPS, I
   found th= at I'm .6% off, so 976 actual miles driven today. From start
   to finish, in= cluding 4 stops for fuel, I averaged almost exactly
   71mph. I love western = speed limits. I didn't do any math on economy
   yet, but it felt like the sa= me mid to low 13s I've been getting,
   which is amazing. I can't stand how t= he truck looks with the little
   tires on it though, so I can't wait to get t= he fuel wasters mounted
   up. Hopefully I can do that tomorrow, but there's = a little catch
   with that of course (::rolleyes::).
   I've got a sw= eet hotel room here, not sure if I'm going to camp
   Friday night or stay her= e Friday night and head down saturday
   morning. Seeing that Walt has set up= camp though, I'm leaning towards
   an early check-in.
   I didn't se= e the Bleazards today at all, so I'm betting they were
   treading the previou= sly discussed southern route instead of the
   shorter but more Chicago-infest= ed I-80 route - though with my speeds
   and their speeds, if I happened to pa= ss them while they were fueling
   or stopped for whatever other reason I'd ha= ve no hope of seeing them
   outside huge coincedences.
   Horay for m= aking it in much less time than I should have, and as
   uneventfully as I did= . I hope others have as good a luck - even if
   Walt & Ingrid had all sorts = of fun stops on the way, and I didn't
   have time to stop into the model trai= n museam in Iowa that cought my
   eye, or to stop by the Iowa 80 Truckstop si= nce I heard on the CB
   that this coming weekend is the Wolcot Jamboree (bigg= est truck show
   in the country), and that there were already some pretty coo= l trucks
   there. I can't complain though, the perks of having this as a com=
   bined business and pleasure trip far outweigh the burdens. That, and
   there= 's always next year for doing a trip like this the RIGHT way
   (like W & I ar= e).
   'till next time,
   MM
   --
   Posted by Mr. Mindless to National DML Meet at 7/12/2006 10= :18:00 PM

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |