Re: Re: [National DML Meet] Walt-n-Ingrid - Friday July 14th

From: Ray Irons (rayirons@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Sun Jul 16 2006 - 12:12:03 EDT

> Walt. Point of interest. When I worked for Kenting
> Aviation 1969 - 1973. We
> operated a B-17. I have some photos.
>
> Jim Knox, 91 Dak

Jim, Walt. Another point of interest. When I was
stationed at Dover AFB in Delaware from 1985 - 1994,
we had an aircraft restoration group that restored a
B-17 to flying condition. The aircraft, Shoo Shoo
Baby, was flown from Dover to Wright-Patterson AFB in
Dayton, Ohio and is now on permanent display at the
Air Force Museum. I did a tiny bit of work to help out
the restoration project at the time. However, the
group that did that one aircraft started the Air
Mobility Command Museum at Dover AFB and still
restored antique aircraft for display.

Ray

.
.