[National DML Meet] Jon & Ed arrive at Lone Duck

From: Jon Steiger (blogger@jonsteiger.com)
Date: Tue Jul 18 2006 - 01:38:55 EDT

   =20 The flights went well, actually got into Colorado Springs ahead of
   schedule= , but thanks to a traffic jam due to a crash on I-25, we
   lost some time bef= ore engaging in some creative use of an on ramp to
   exit the freeway. ;-) Go= t the rental car without any problems; its a
   bright yellow Jeep Wrangler Un= limited. Met up with Jason, Norah,
   David, Jan, Walt, Ingrid, Tom, Mike, Ada= m & Jackie at the "Garden of
   the Gods" park, which we drove through briefly= on our way up to
   Rampart Range Road. A very nice drive on windy, dirt road= s that
   ultimately got us up to about 9500 feet or so (with other mountains =
   still towering above us). We found a couple of geocaches along the way
   (wel= l, Walt found them and I just tagged along) :-) I dropped off
   the Gen I Dak= ota Travel Bug in one of them; so one travel bug is in
   the wild; 3 to go!
   We headed back through Woodland Park; some folks went on to Lone =
   Duck, and others stopped for groceries. Just as we got out of the
   vehicles= in the grocery store parking lot, the skies opened up with
   rain and hail. = It only lasted a few minutes though, and fortunately
   did not hinder settin= g up the tents. I set my tent up a bit too
   close to the fire though, and f= igured I'd better be safe than sorry,
   so with the help of a few of the guys= , moved it into a less
   hazardous location. :-)
   The plan for tom= orrow is Dakota Hill along with a couple of
   offroading routes with a glacie= r thrown in the middle for good
   measure. :-)
   Following are just= a few random pics of the day:
   =3D""-[small.IMG_250=]
   The rental Jeep, parked along Rampart Ran= ge Road.
   =3D""-[small.IMG_248=]
   Some of the other vehicles, parked along = Rampart Range Road. (Mike's
   Dak, Adam's rental Jeep, Tom's Ram, Jason & No= rah's Dak, and David &
   Jan's Dak.)
   3D""-[blog=]
   M= e, standing at an overlook along Rampart Range Road, with Pike's
   Peak in th= e background.
   3D""-[sma=]
   This is Patrick Henry;= David & Jan's Quaker Parrot. He's a cute
   little guy, who likes to ride al= ong on David or Jan's shoulder or
   sleep in a pocket. As you can see, he's = a bit tuckered out from a
   full day of offroading. :-)
   = --
   Posted by Jon Steiger to Nationa= l DML Meet at 7/17/2006 10:59:00 PM

.
.
| The National DML Meet is in progress! http://meet.dakota-truck.net |