[National DML Meet] David and Jan's Wednesday antics

From: Jan (janmhenry@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jul 19 2006 - 22:09:05 EDT

   =20 David and I took a different route on Wednesday and explored the
   Manitou Cl= iff Dwellings. As far as American touristy sites go, it's
   pretty good. Avoi= d most of the foreign-made unrelated junk in the
   store, but certainly enjoy= the range of freedom you get with this
   site. The "doors" into the various = rooms are open for you to enter,
   if you fit. I felt like a kid again as I c= rawled through small door
   openings into the rooms. Hot day, but pleasingly = comfortable inside.
   David took some liberties with the freedom though... we= thought it
   would be fun if he hoisted himself upward using the wood beams =
   spanning the small rooms. He will post photos I took of him standing
   up the= re. After the dwellings we went to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo.
   The animals t= here don't seem to like each other. I've never seen a
   bear charge another b= ear in the habitat, until today. Ditto for the
   tiger. That was worth a scre= am. The poor tiger was relaxing in the
   water in their habitat, and the larg= er tiger slunk around behind it,
   easing itself into the water until it was = just behind the resting
   one, and then lunged at it, grabbing its hind leg i= n its mouth!!!
   The attacked one responded with a great roar. Good show, guy= s. Oh,
   and guess what, Patrick has an example of him at the zoo! Yes, they'=
   ve got a quaker there in the bird room. He wasn't as neat feather-wise
   as P= atrick though -- a little picked on the head. We missed the trip
   to the Wil= l Rogers Shrine up there, because they closed the road
   early but our receip= t was validated so we could return Thursday.
   David hopefully will post some= photos of our antics in the kids
   park... the spider web was just too tempt= ing for David to leave
   alone. We've got Thursday and Friday to get the rest= of the sights
   in. Our plan next is to visit Cave of the Winds on the lante= rn tour,
   return to the Shrine so we actually see it, stop by the World Figu= re
   Skating Museum and of course go to Pikes Peak with the group. All in
   Thu= rsday and Friday. We leave Saturday at noon, so the National
   Lampoons trip = is in full swing.
   --
   Posted = by Jan to National DML Meet at 7/19/2006 07:56:00 PM

.
.
| The National DML Meet is in progress! http://meet.dakota-truck.net |