[National DML Meet] Tuesday, July 18

From: Jon Steiger (blogger@jonsteiger.com)
Date: Thu Jul 20 2006 - 04:03:46 EDT

   =20 We left camp later than planned, which unfortunately resulted in
   not having= enough daylight to actually see St. Mary's Glacier, but we
   did get in some= nice offroading with great views, and drove up to the
   top of Dakota Hill.<= br />
   Some random pics for the day:
   3D""-[3=]
   Tom comes up Dakota= Hill
   3D""-[3D"=]
   All of the trucks parked on Dakota Hill
   3D""-[3D"ht=]
   Jason & Norah on Dakota Hill
   3D""-[=]
   = Adam & Jackie on the trail between Dakota Hill and Kingston Peak.
   3D""-[photos1.bl=]
   An alpine meadow between Dakota Hill and Kingston Peak. We stopped =
   here to find a geocache.
   =3D""-[Copy%20of%20I=]
   Walt & Ingrid near the same location = as above.
   3D""-[3D"http=]
   A small herd of elk, spotted from the Kingston Peak tr= ail. There
   were about 20 or so. Later on, we saw a herd of around 100, but =
   unfortunately they left before I had a chance to snap a picture. I
   think Ed= might have gotten a shot with his telephoto lens though.
   = 3D""-[63=]
   A view as we= are nearing the top of the Kingston Peak trail, at
   around 12,000 feet. The= view down into this valley with its snow
   fields, glacial pools and waterfa= lls was amazing. It was also
   amazingly windy, and very cold. As you can see= , we are well above
   some of those patches of snow. Its amazing to think tha= t on the
   drive up, we saw temperatures in the 90s. Pictures just can't do i= t
   justice, but this view alone was worth the drive.
   = 3D""-[63=]
   The trucks h= eading further up Kingston Peak.
   3D""-[Copy%=]
   When we got back to camp, we = discovered that our small pile of
   firewood had been delivered, and that Kor= ey had stacked it. No more
   scrounging for us - flame on! :-)
   --=
   Posted by Jon Steiger to National DML Meet at 7/20/2006 01:09:00 AM

.
.
| The National DML Meet is in progress! http://meet.dakota-truck.net |