Ignition Problem

From: Jamie Calder (jcalder3@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2006 - 18:29:58 EDT

What I thought was a bad coil or MSD problem seems to be a little deeper
that that. Cyl 1 and 7 still don't fire. Brand new plugs and still look
like new, just always covered with unburned fuel (new cap, wires and rotor
too).

I'm getting 3 volts at the coil. This is what I did so far (MSD box
completely bypassed):

'93 318 OBDI

1. 3 v. at both when tested + and - on the coil.
2. 13.5 volts when tested on + coil and grounded on chassis.
3. Took grey wire (-)and DG/OR (+) out of the equation and tested directly
at PCM pins 19 and 57, got 3 volts. Sounds like a bad PCM, right? Swapped
out my other 2 PCM's (yes, I have 3) and same results.
4. Since the ASD relay controls this circuit I swapped ASD relays. Still
3v.
5. Maybe a partially bad coil can cause this? Swapped with my '96 stock
coil. Same results.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
James

.
.
| The National DML Meet is in progress! http://meet.dakota-truck.net |