[National DML Meet] Leaving the meet (by Jon)

From: Jon Steiger (blogger@jonsteiger.com)
Date: Sat Jul 22 2006 - 16:29:22 EDT

   =20 I'm sitting in the Colorado Springs airport at the moment (hooray
   for free = wifi access!) We cut it REALLY short getting to the
   airport. When checkin= g bags, you're supposed to have them checked in
   a minimum of 1/2 hour befor= e the departure time. Our flight was
   scheduled to leave at 2:22 and we wer= e standing in line to check our
   bags at 1:50. My bag was the last one to g= o down the chute. For some
   reason the baggage handlers had already closed = the flight, but the
   people at the check-in counter contacted them to tell t= hem there was
   one more bag for the flight. In something of a lucky break, = the
   flight was delayed due to the plane we are supposed to fly on being
   lat= e. Its supposed to land at 3:00, so we've got something of a
   wait. Better= than rushing though. I've got a scheduled 4 hour layover
   in Chicago for t= he connecting flight, so I should be OK there; it'll
   end up being more like= a 2 hour layover.
   Sorry that I had to leave so abruptly; I w= as looking forward to
   having one last lunch with everybody before heading o= ut, but between
   having to wash the Jeep, running on fumes, and being behind= schedule
   to begin with, there just wasn't any time for that. :-( I had a= lot
   of fun, and the week was over *way* too quickly.
   --
   Posted by Jon Steiger to National DML Meet a= t 7/22/2006 02:17:00 PM

.
.
| The National DML Meet is in progress! http://meet.dakota-truck.net |