RE: Fuel problem diagnosis...

From: Rick Barnes (rascal@scrtc.com)
Date: Fri Jul 28 2006 - 22:00:31 EDT

It does sound like a failing pump to me. Those pumps hate it when the tank
is low on gas. When you turn on the key to start, turn it to start for a
few seconds before you crank it, let the fuel pump try to pressurize the
fuel system before starting. Then see if it makes your cranking any easier.
It could also just be a clogged fuel sock, (the filter for our fuel pumps).
Just my guesses...

Rascal