[National DML Meet] We are home!

From: Walt Felix (Walter_Felix@msn.com)
Date: Tue Aug 01 2006 - 08:51:44 EDT

   =20 Rolled into the driveway about 9:45PM last night. 6322 miles
   doorstep to do= orstep. 473.58 gallons of gas at a cost of $1,413.27
   with an overall averag= e of 13.349 mpg.
   Had a small problem in PA, yesterday, that requ= ired a 3-4 hour visit
   to a dealer. The hard line for the rear brakes ruptur= ed. The line
   itself was all rusted up and of course it had to pop right beh= ind
   the fuel tank so they had to drop the tank (which of course was full)
   t= o replace it eating up about 4 hours on us. Was able to slowly limp
   it to a= nearby dealership since we had no brakes. Because of the
   delay, we skippe= d 3 final stops on out itinerary Centrailia,
   Cabela's and OCC.
   I also have to take a look at the AC. It quit working sometime after I
   was= cleaning on Sat morning before the DTW NGTG show. The compressor
   kicks in = and has enough pressure (50-60 psi on the low side
   according to the gauge I= put on it), but it just blows at outside air
   temp and not cold. However, t= he line running from the condenser to
   the firewall gets cold enough to have= condensation on it. Sunday, it
   was cooler to run with the windows down vs.= up with the AC (even in
   the 100 degree weather). I'm hoping I just knocked= loose a connector
   for the blend door or something like that. I think it qu= it after
   hitting the engine compartment with the hose at the car wash. I'll=
   have to poke around a bit and see if anything stands out.
   Met = up with Gary Hedlin in St. Louis. Both he and I took "Top 10"
   trophies at = the DTW event.
   I stopped updating the blog just before leaving = CO, so I have some
   catch-up to do. At one point, I couldn't update my pers= onal Blog
   because it would time out while publishing over the cellular conn=
   ection. I had to open a Remote Desktop session with my 2000 server at
   the h= ouse and publish to the blog from it, however, that was a time
   consuming pr= ocess so I just gave up after a few times. Give me a day
   or two to get situ= ated and I'll get back on that.
   --
   Posted by Walt Felix to National DML Meet at 8/01/2006 06:23:00 AM<=
   /body>