Re: Update on the Neon and other stuff.

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Mon Aug 07 2006 - 07:17:56 EDT

Hey, DBDoMPfIWUMOT

<snip> One thing I can never understand is why riders think its uncool or
okay
to ride without proper protection and gear. They may be the best rider
 on earth and would never ever wreck of their own fault... but a deer, a
 drunk driver, wet roads/gravel etc - can have an impact on the best of
 them. I may not have owned a bike until recently, but am pretty certain
that starting off with common sence and a sense of responsibility, is
 a good thing.<snip>

You're one step ahead of the crotch-rocket guys already!

<snip> I do plan on wearing a helmet, considering this bike
 doesn't have a windsheild - I don't feel like eating june bugs while
 riding<snip>

Better make that a full-face helmet then. On the other hand, the June-Bugs
in NY are very tasty! Just the right amount of "crunchy!"

<snip>And I do plan on taking rider training courses<snip>

Good move!

 <snip>I'm not a Harley owner..<snip>

And exactly what does THAT mean? You looking for a fight? LOL

<snip> I don't plan on snazzing up and modding the bike<snip>

Yeah...yeah...yeah..no mods...HAHAHAHA we'll hafta see about that!

<snip>i don't like loud bikes <snip>

See Rascal's response (& mine!)

<snip> So I doubt this bike will become a money pit. I have enough of those
as it is. This is about
 pure transportation.<snip>

Yeah...yeah...yeah...

<snip> However... I DO want one of these...

 http://tinyurl.com/mb5ad

 Honda Shadow VLX Deluxe, silver... very cool bike. Just my size. I'm a
 little guy... thats a 580-something CC engine on the VLX, anything
 bigger and I won't be able to ride it well. I sat on one and its lower
 to the ground and is better for my size than this CL360. The CL360 sits
 higher and I have to lean slightly to keep a foot on the ground. The
 VLX I can put both feet down without leaning at all.<snip>

Nice...RICE, but nice...

<snip>Figure I'll do my learning on this bike, and when I;ve paid off some
 bills in a year or so... pick up a used VLX.<snip>

Take your road test on it, too...It'll be easier to loop & figure-8 on a
smaller scoot...

 <snip> My mother wanted this CL360 more than I did actually.
Its very similar to her CB350 that she had when she was around my age.
Shes already said she wants me to restore this one and paint it red like her
old bike<snip>

Mom rides? How old didja say she was?
Got pix? LOL

Good luck with the Neon. And remember, if you're not looking where you're
going when
you're on your scoot, you're gonna damage more than the front of it. Make
believe that you're INVISIBLE!
That's how most "CAGE" drivers out there will treat you!

Bob (DAKSY) Smith
DAKSY2K on AIM
2K SY Dakota Sport +
V-6 4 x 4 5 speed