RE: 320 HP 3.9L V6 on EBAY??

From: Rick Barnes (rascal@scrtc.com)
Date: Tue Aug 08 2006 - 10:54:34 EDT

Sounds quite believeable to me.

Rascal

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net] On Behalf Of
msnbcnnbcbs@hotmail.com
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2006 8:29 AM
To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net
Subject: DML: 320 HP 3.9L V6 on EBAY??

this guy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-Dodge-Dakota-more-HP-than-stock-R-T-supe
rch
-v6_W0QQitemZ160016089578QQihZ006QQcategoryZ6196QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmd
ZVi
ewItem

is claiming his 98 V6 RC is putting out 320 hp.

His mod list is:

"polished Vortech V2 supercharger, Crane Hi6 ignition with boost retard, JBA
headers, F&B 50 mm Throttle body, Gibson 3 inch cat back, Classic tubes
front
SS brake lines, black magic fan, street glow wire loom, all aluminum
smoothed
and powder coated.... more but too much to list."

50mm TB?? isnt that wayyyy too much for a V6?

assuming the S.C. is giving him about 70hp: ~245 hp + bolt-ons = 320hp?

he's got another 75hp worth of bolt-ons?

Im not knocking the guy, but I'd love to know how hes doing it as my V6
needs
some tender power lovin' too. unless he went into the engine and started
chaning cams, pistons, ect, hows he getting that much power out of the
engine?

msnbcnnbcbs
99 RC V6