Re: 320 HP 3.9L V6 on EBAY??

From: Josh Battles (josh.lists@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Tue Aug 08 2006 - 20:55:46 EDT

On Tue, August 8, 2006 8:29 am, msnbcnnbcbs@hotmail.com wrote:

> this guy:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-Dodge-Dakota-more-HP-than-stock-R-T-superch
> -v6_W0QQitemZ160016089578QQihZ006QQcategoryZ6196QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZVi
> ewItem
>

> is claiming his 98 V6 RC is putting out 320 hp.
>
> His mod list is:
>
> "polished Vortech V2 supercharger, Crane Hi6 ignition with boost retard, JBA
> headers, F&B 50 mm Throttle body, Gibson 3 inch cat back, Classic tubes front
> SS brake lines, black magic fan, street glow wire loom, all aluminum smoothed
> and powder coated.... more but too much to list."
>
> 50mm TB?? isnt that wayyyy too much for a V6?
>

> assuming the S.C. is giving him about 70hp: ~245 hp + bolt-ons = 320hp?
>
> he's got another 75hp worth of bolt-ons?
>
> Im not knocking the guy, but I'd love to know how hes doing it as my V6 needs
> some tender power lovin' too. unless he went into the engine and started
> chaning cams, pistons, ect, hows he getting that much power out of the
> engine?

I've seen that truck, it's worth every penny. It's never seen rain or
anything! Rod is a really nice guy and his truck is one of the cleanest I've
ever seen. There's no dirt anywhere on the thing and the underside is a
clean as the top.

It sounds really nice and it scoots like nobody's business when he gets on
it. I was impressed.

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com

This message has been brought to you by the American Kneejerk Coalition for Equality, Compassion, and the Restoration of Karmic Unity of Self And Other Silly Hippy Happy-Swell Gayness Bullshit, or AKCECRKUSAOSHHSGB for short.