RAMblings

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2006 - 21:27:34 EDT

The Ram is again having the same problems with power loss, misfires, and
stumbling. I've changed the cap, rotor, plugs, wires, not recently...
but back the last time this was happening. That had no effect. I also
changed the TPS sensor... (thought that might also account for the very
touchy throttle I have) no dice. It occured to me perhaps a crank
position sensor. The truck acts like its tming gets screwed up...
misfiring... never once has the check engine light come on when this
happens. It sometimes just stopps doing it as abruptly as it starts, as
it did today while driving. Other times the only way I got it to stop
was to kill the engine and restart.

I really wished today that I had the laptop and diagnostics software set
up that walt has in his Ram. I would really like to see what the
sensors report when it barfs like that.

Rocks are for skipping... I'm all about the mud
75 Honda CL360, 89 Dakota, 89 Dakota 4x4,
95 Dakota 4x4, 96 Neon, 01 Ram 4x4
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine