3.9 Cooling Question

From: ctandc (ctandc@comcast.net)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2006 - 00:20:15 EDT

Has anyone here every removed the thermo clutch fan from a 3.9 Dakota that
also has an electric fan?

I would wonder about the aux electric cooling fan being good enough to cool
maybe a V-8 on it's own...but I would think the fan could handle the 3.9....

But I know from prior experiences with other project cars ( mainly GM ) that
getting rid of the clutch fan in favor of electric is usually worth some
'free HP'....and in the process making the engine more efficient as well.

I was also thinking a 180 degree thermostat would be worth a shot as
well...most GM's I've worked responded very well this change.

I'm not looking to make the 3.9 a tire burning monster...but a more
efficient motor could never hurt.