Re: 94 Dak - Click but no start - Help!

From: David Henry (DML@HenryWeb.net)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2006 - 23:31:04 EDT

Good thing I used the DML instead of the FSM :) About time the body lift
came in handy for something too. It moves the steering shaft out of the way
enough, and allows visibilty through the wheelwell without removing anyting.

Highlights from the istructions.
Step 1 - 3 skipped.
Step 4 "Remove lower retaining nut from stud" - The nut and stud were so
well bonded they came out in one piece. Don't they usually call these
bolts?
Steps 5-9 skipped

Took the starter in had had it tested, they indicated it did turn but was
weak. Got a new starter.
Installed, same problem, click but no spinnng. Couldn't seem to find
voltage on the terminals connected to the starter. Traced wires back and
found a bad connection at the battery. Re-did connections. The new starter
motor does spin quite well now. Doesn't sound like it hits anything
though... The flywheel is hidden behind stuff and you can't see if the
wheel pops out or not as it's all enclosed. Need to call the auto place and
see if they've still got my starter. Something must be different with the
alignment.

-- David 94 CC Sport 4x4, 318, 5spd, Lifted with 33" BFG MT's