RE: Re: What Hits/What Fits; 4x4 Tire Size

From: Kyle Kozubal (lpd111@msn.com)
Date: Sat Aug 26 2006 - 10:13:37 EDT

Just some rough estimates, from BFG's website:

The stock sized tires:

265/70R16 = 30.7 x 10.7

Some alternative sizes:

265/75R16 = 31.7 x 10.6

275/70R16 = 31.3 x 11.0

I know I will have to do a slight tbar crank (and a front end alignment) to
fit some tires. My truck really sits nose down right now. I need to get some
tires on my truck bad, these 20" rims/tires are killing me!

I want to find a good 'happy medium' for tires size. I am sure the 4.7L has
to overall power for larger tires, even though my truck only has 3.55 gears.
I do not want to loose all that much mpgs, but I want to have a nice sized
tire under my truck.