Re: 94 Dak - Click but no start - Help! (Solved)

From: David Henry (DML@HenryWeb.net)
Date: Sat Aug 26 2006 - 20:39:59 EDT

After picking up my old starter, and deciding that it looked almost
identical to the replacement I sat staring at the pile of starters trying to
decide how the new one couldn't line up right. It finally hit me that the
upper and lower mounting holes wern't the same size. As the bolts are the
same size, I figured that's where the wiggle room was. Reinstalled the new
starter again, this time using a screwdriver to shove it closer to the
flywheel while I tightened the bolts. Turned the key and it fired right up
and made the nice happy noise.

-- David 94 CC Sport 4x4, 318, 5spd, Lifted with 33" BFG MT's