Re: '96 4X4 Front Brake Lines

From: ladysmithgwl@1bigred.com
Date: Sat Aug 26 2006 - 22:25:33 EDT

In article <002701c6c937$1301b0e0$0402a8c0@dell>, jcalder3@cfl.rr.com ("Jamie
Calder") writes:

> I have a similar problem to Garrets but on the front lines of my '96 4X4.
> The rusty line burst right at the "T". I saw your reply Ray about having to
> bend you own lines. How about the dealer? Would they have them pre made?
> $$$
>
> Thanks,
> James

James,

Rust was the culprit on my line too. I was very suprised to see how much rust
build-up was on all of the lines (fuel too).

I don't think you can get them pre made. My research and internet search
discovered that you have to bend and/or make them yourself.

I'm thinking about getting a 25' roll of 3/16 tubing (leaves some for future
repairs) and make my own line.

Good luck!! I'll pass on any information that I find out that may be of use to
you.

Garret