Re: RE: Re: Rear Brake Line

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Mon Aug 28 2006 - 16:00:03 EDT

ladysmithgwl@1bigred.com wrote:

: I'm thinking about maybe using this instead of the steel line.

: http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=RUS%2D656150&N=7
: 00+115&autoview=sku

: Any thoughts? I know that I would have to join at least two together.

  The only possible problem that comes to mind with using that is
its DOT certification. I'm guessing it probably does not have
DOT approval for use on a street driven vehicle. That might be
a problem if your area has safety inspections. (That's not to say
that the stuff isn't safe, its probably many times better than the
DOT certified stuff, but an inspector is probably going to have very
little tolerance for those kinds of things - no DOT label = instant
fail.)

   They will probably work great, just wanted to bring that
potential bureaucratic snag to your attention.

--
                                          -Jon-