RE: Small Engine Repair again

From: Jamie Calder (jcalder3@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2006 - 13:59:41 EDT

Yup. It was crud. I removed the bowl and there apparently was water in
there that caused the bottom of the bowl to rust. When I turned on the fuel
it must have loosened some rust crud and made it way places it shouldn't
have been. I was able to spray brake parts cleaner (all I had handy) in
every hole, nook, cranny, crevice I could see followed by compressed air.
Put everything back together and it runs great now. Glad I didn't have to
disassemble more then the bowl and air filter!

2 years ago after our slew of hurricanes I drained the tank and ran it till
it shut off. Didn't check for water in the bowl!