Re: Re: Daktoberfest - October 27-28

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Fri Sep 01 2006 - 19:03:59 EDT

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
> Walt@walt-n-ingrid.com wrote:
> : Hey, email me your address. I want to mail those tapes back to you. I haven't
> : been able to dub them because the one Hi8 camcorder I have access to turned out
> : to be broken. Right now, Ingrid and I are all tied up with the house. We have
> : the mortgage people lined up and are just waiting on the appraisal report from
> : the appraiser.
>

> That's a bummer. :-( I'm sure there's a bunch of good video
> on those tapes and I want to see it! (And of course include it
> in the meet report.) :-) Tom, if you will be at Daktoberfest,
> maybe we could try to dub it to VHS as long as you bring your
> cable and stuff? Wouldn't be as good quality as going directly
> into Walt's DV camera, but I guess we're running out of options.
> :-( (The only other possibility I could think of would be if
> you were to leave your camera here with the tapes and I could
> play it directly into the computer, but of course that would
> require you to leave your camera here as I'm sure there is more
> video than can be done over Daktoberfest, and I'd have to figure
> out some way to get it back to you, so that's not a real
> great option either.)

Theoretically this iMac should have the ability to burn DVDs. I've
never tried it before - not even sure how to do it. i could give it a
whack and see what happens.

Rocks are for skipping... I'm all about the mud
75 Honda CL360, 89 Dakota, 89 Dakota 4x4,
95 Dakota 4x4, 96 Neon, 01 Ram 4x4
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine