Re: Brake Bleeding

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Sat Sep 02 2006 - 12:49:47 EDT

Hey, Jamie/Jon...

<snip>Just because the master cylinder runs dry doesn't mean the master
cylinder
 has to be bled...right? Or does it?<snip>

<snip>I'm not sure, I'm too scared to let the MC go dry. :-) I'd
actually be interested to learn the answer to this one myself. If
that happened, would it need to be bench bled or can it be done in
the vehicle?<snip>

I took the MC out of the DAKSY when I replaced the brake booster & bench
bled it. It's possible to do it in the vehicle, but on a bench ya don't need
as much tubing & there's very little chance of removing body paint from any
brake fluid which might spill.

Rascal,
Which method did you use when you changed out your booster? IN or OUT of
your DAK?

Bob (DAKSY) Smith
DAKSY2K on AIM
2K SY Dakota Sport +