Re: Brake Bleeding

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sat Sep 02 2006 - 21:45:53 EDT

"Jamie Calder" <jcalder3@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

: I completed the brake job.
: I replaced the 3 front metal lines with premade lines from Advance Auto
: since the NAPA Poly Armor lines weren't available. I made some pretty tight
: bends by hand with no problems but it doesn't have the special anti
: corrosion coating that would have prevented this mess in the first place.

   Its obviously too late now :-) but I don't see any reason why the new
lines couldn't be sprayed with some rustoleum or something prior to
installing - might give them an extra few years? Either that or some
sort of epoxy just to seal 'em and keep the oxygen away. Granted,
the action of turning the flare fittings at the end would probably
scrape the paint off in that location meaning that's where they will
rust through, but they might be able to be touched up afterwards. I might
give this a shot the next time I need to replace a brake line. (Which
is probably going to be pretty soon actually, considering that my Ram
has been without brakes for a couple of weeks - I really should fix that.)
:-)

--
                                          -Jon-