Re: RE: More questions on brakes

From: David Gersic (info@zaccaria-pinball.com)
Date: Sun Sep 10 2006 - 12:05:04 EDT

On Saturday 09 September 2006 03:30 pm, Rick Barnes wrote:
> Have you had a look at your rear brakes?

New shoes installed, and the mechanisms seem to work fine. The self-adjusters
should have taken up any slack. I did the recommended
drive-forward-and-backward procedure to tighten them up. But that'll have to
be done again after I have the drums turned or replaced.

> I felt the same way when I first
> got my 98, but then did an adjustment on my rear brakes and it really made
> a huge difference to the stopping power.

What'd you adjust?

I've always hated those little star-wheel self adjusters on drum brakes, but
given that they're working there shouldn't be much you can adjust on them.