Re: RE: Your Dakota: Just a truck or a part of your life

From: Don Rey (radon220@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2006 - 08:25:44 EDT

I only say 'just a truck' when I'm mad at her... it. I mean 'it'. I
don't know many other people who cherish a 17-yr-old rusted
dent-riddled truck like I do. My ex gf had the neve to call it
unreliable. That really steamed my vegetables. She... I mean... it
taught me everything I know about engine swapping and manual trannies
and transfer cases... oh and fusible links, voltage regs, smog pumps.
Spent long hours, just the two of us, covered in mud, sitting watching
the trees sway and the stars. Not to mention long hours underneath or
under the hood. Definitely part of my life. I'd say it's even a
lifestyle. That's why I'm on this list! Ever heard the Billy Joel's
"You're My Home?" Is that getting a little too creepy? Hmm.

Don in CT
'89 Dakota Convertible 318mag NV3500 4x4
'74 Dart Sport 340
www.pbase.com/radon220/mopars