Re: Re: OT: The Honda

From: Ray Irons (rayirons@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Sun Sep 17 2006 - 12:16:21 EDT

--- DAKSY <rsmith13@nycap.rr.com> wrote:

> Jeez..I was gonna sign in, but scrolling down the
> list of scoots, I didn't
> see ANY mention of Harley-Davidson!?!?!?!
> Guess I gotta get my info from
> xl-list@sportster.org...
> Oh, well...looks like cool site anyway...

Hey Bob,
  There are quite a few Harley riders on the forum. I
know UFO ST rides a Harley Road Glide as well as a
Triumph Sprint ST, Hugh rides a Harley Dyna and
Sklywag, one of the forum moderators and ride leaders,
rides a 2006 Screaming Eagle Ultra Classic as well as
a 2003 Sportster 1200 Custom. This is just a few of
the members that have Harley's. Like I said before,
anyone is welcome, as long as they share a love of
motorcycling or just enjoy the open roads and
wonderful scenery afforded folks in and around
California. We have members in Pennsylvania, Indiana,
Maryland, Virginia, New York, England, Germany, India
and everywhere in between. There is a thread (I think)
in the articles section about a tour that Tim (Pashnit
himself) recently led where he got a phone call in the
early evening from a gentleman that had flown in from
Scotland and wanted to ride on the tour. This guy had
a license to ride, but nothing else. No gear, no
helmet, no bike even. Tim made some calls and got the
guy set up with a rental Harley (Sorry, I don't
remember the model) and he went on the tour. He said
he had the time of his life and the riding was
spectacular. Anyone is welcome, so if nothing else,
vicariously come along for the ride!

Ray

Some risk is necessary in life. Without risk, the new world wouldn't have been discovered, man wouldn't have landed on the moon and we wouldn't ride motorcycles.