Re: was: 4x4 Tire Size, now Mike's rims. [attn Jon, Mike &

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Tue Sep 19 2006 - 22:45:27 EDT

"Chris Reck" <chris92@insightbb.com> wrote:

: Hey Jon,

: Can you balance them as well?

   Yep, I can balance most wheels and tires up to 51" diameter, and have
the wheel weights for both steel and aluminum rims, as long as you don't
mind the standard clamp-on style wheel weights. (I can balance them for
the stick-on style, but I don't have any of those.)

: If you can, I am thinking I might buy a new set and have them mounted there,
: saving some money having a shop do them.

   Sure thing, bring 'em down! I'd be glad to mount and balance
and leak test 'em for you. The only thing I'd ask in return is 25
cents per weight that I end up using, just to cover my cost on those.
Not that it really matters a whole lot when just mounting a single
set of tires for somebody, but since there is basically an open
invitation to the DML to do this for folks, if I don't at least
cover my cost on the weights, eventually I'm going to run out. :-)
(Hey, its still a lot cheaper than the $10 per tire most shops
charge around here...) ;-)

--
                                          -Jon-