Re: Question for Jon

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Tue Sep 19 2006 - 22:57:48 EDT

andy levy <andy-dml@levyclan.us> wrote:
: As long as you can hold the water pump pulley stationary, it's pretty
: quick & easy from what I recall when I did my '99 (just needed a big
: crescent wrench to get at the nut). If Jon has something that hold the
: pulley, I think we can pull off the swap.

   Yep, and usually just leaving the serpentine belt in place helps
a lot. If not, backing a couple of the bolts out enough to wedge
a large screwdriver or pry bar in there will usually do it. If
that doesn't work, I believe standard operating procedure is to
jam a crowbar through the radiator and wiggle it around until you
can create a big enough hole to get an impact wrench in there. :-)

: Daktoberfest is still the last weekend of October, right? That's the
: only Saturday I still have free in October.

  Yep! The 27th and 28th.

--
                                          -Jon-