Re: Question for Jon

From: Gary Hedlin (superdak@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 20 2006 - 19:43:36 EDT

I just put a viper fan in my 98 (like JUST got done 20 mins ago), so if
you make the jaunt north about an hour you can have my stock clutch fan
(and the shroud if you want!). :) Fan only has about 25k on it too.
I even have the wrench to install it.

It took me a whole 5 mins to remove mine. I just used my big crescent
and a hammer to break loose the nut. Leaving the belt on helps hold the
pulley still just enough to get the nut to turn.

If I get some free time, I may make a spanner wrench. There's not a
whole lot to it, just some bolts to fit into the holes in the pulley and
something to grab on to. Probably I can make it with the scraps from
the fan brackets! :)

Gary Hedlin
98 Dakota RC Sport 3.9
05 Dakota CC SLT 4.7