Hi-Lift Lift Mate

From: Jon (jon@dakota-truck.net)
Date: Thu Sep 28 2006 - 21:07:04 EDT

   I was searching for Hi-Lift mounting info the other day and made the
mistake of clicking on a Hi-Lift mount on Amazon.com. :-) Naturally,
today I went to Amazon for something else and got a page full of Hi-Lift
jacks and accessories recommended to me. :-) One of 'em was sort of
interesting:

   http://tinyurl.com/qgl2e

  Most folks have probably seen the bumper adapter for the Hi-Lift, but
it is all but useless for those of us with late model vehicles, plastic
bumpers, etc. The above product mitigates those problems in a way, by
allowing you to hook onto the wheel itself and lift the vehicle that way.
Granted, you would have to lift the vehicle and then move whatever you
are high centered on or fill the rut you are trying to get out of, since
you can't pick up the vehicle and then drive, but I guess this is probably
the case when using a Hi-Lift jack anyway.

   Anyway, I just wanted to throw that out there; for some reason I
hadn't seen this product before, so probably other folks haven't
either. I don't plan to buy one myself, but thought someone
else might be interested. (If so, do some shopping around; I just
posted the Amazon link because that is where I saw it; it very well
may be available cheaper elsewhere, I didn't look.)

   I suppose this basic idea could also be used even without this
product, by threading a tree strap through the wheel and then
hooking that up to the Hi-Lift (or a chain/hooks if you don't
care about your wheel's finish).

--
                                          -Jon-