Four BFG All Terrain Tires - 32x11.5R15 for $452 SHIPPED!

From: Chris Reck (chris92@insightbb.com)
Date: Fri Sep 29 2006 - 21:42:42 EDT

I just bought a set of 4 BFG All-Terrains 32x11.5r15 from Discount Tire
Direct for $452 shipped to my door (shipping free). This is at least $100
cheaper than Tire Rack BEFORE shipping and $100 cheaper than the cheapest
installer in town. Their official quoted price is $134 per tire.

Now... THIS IS HOW I DID IT for those of you who want to try this....

I went to www.discounttiredirect.com and searched for the size tire. I
noticed that this particular tire itself was not listed, so I sent an e-mail
using their website asking for a price quote.

I asked specifically:

Can you provide a quote, including shipping for a set of BF Goodrich All
Terrain TA/KO tires in size 32x11.5r15.

When they responded, it included a Tracking Number that should be used in
all replies (someone named Trace replied) with the price of $113 per tire.
I then called the included 800 number (800-707-8473) and asked speak
directly with Trace. I mentioned the e-mail and asked to order a set of
tires based off the quote provided me. After some back and forth and after
giving him the Tracking Number to verify, he was able to verify that he
indeed quoted me the wrong price. I asked if he would honor it since I did
state exactly what tire and size I wanted, and he said YES, HOW MANY DO YOU
WANT?

In hindsight, I should have tried to get away with more than 4, but I didn't
know who would buy them.

Hopefully someone else is able to take advantage of this. If anything, it
will cost you just one e-mail received.

Good Luck!

Chris Reck
Bloomington, IL

'99 Dakota Sport + CC 4x4 V6 (Deep Amethyst)
Shaved and polished V8 TB, Autolite 3923, 195 Thermostat, 7.5mm Bosch plug
wires,
Custom K&N 6x9 air intake, Edelbrock Shocks, Pioneer full audio system,
Moog Suspension and Steering components, BF Goodrich 32x11.5r15 T/A KO tires