Re: Tire Size On Stock Suspension

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sat Sep 30 2006 - 17:11:50 EDT

"Kyle Kozubal" <lpd111@msn.com> wrote:

: Thanks for the info Tim!

: Since I am going to be running a 17", what is the equivalent to the 32 x
: 11.50 tire?

 It would be the same - it would just be 32x11.50 R17 instead of
32x11.50 R15. That's one nice thing about the inch style
measurement, you don't need to worry about calculating the size
from the width and aspect ratio, etc.

  Hmm, it just occured to me that maybe you were asking what
would the metric equivalent of a 32x11.50 on a 17" rim, in
which case the answer is 292/65 R17. Of course, no such tire
exists, but a 290/65 R17 or 295/65 R17 would be very close
(assuming of course that those tires exist.) :-)

  Check out the DML Wheel & Tire calculator at:

   http://www.dakota-truck.net/tirecalc/

  It can convert between inch and metric, computer speedometer
and odometer error, find equivalent tires when changing rim
sizes, and a few other things.

--
                                          -Jon-