Re: Overhead mileage calculator.

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Tue Nov 21 2006 - 22:23:56 EST

On Nov 20, 2006, at 0:57, Mallett, Donald B wrote:

>> Since you're one of the few (the proud...), did you see a big hit on
>> your mpg? of course you also went to a heavier, more aggressive
> tire...
>
> No Mike I saw no big change in mpg with the change of tires. But it
> also
> ineffectively changed the gearing. I don't know if that made up for
> the
> bigger tires?

well as long as the MPG are accurate the question would be whether
the shorter effective gearing or the heavier tires win, I'm not
surprised that it's nearly a push. I never saw a drastic change in
my corrected mileage when I was stock either, from 28s to 30s to
32s... maybe 1 mpg drop on the whole. My "sweet spot" for economy
did move around in speed range though.

Now I just don't think I can go fast enough to get to the "sweet
spot" :-)

--
   +-- Mike Maskalans ---------------- Rochester, NY ----------+
   | '98 Dakota CC, SAS on 40s  '84 RamCharger 4x4, plow truck |