Mirrors and Gas Tanks

From: Kurt Cypher (kcypher42@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2006 - 07:49:09 EST

I've got a couple of questions about my '97 Dakota. First, I've got
cracks in both outside mirrors, and would like to get that fixed. I've
seen websites where I could purchase just the mirror glass. My question
is what's the difficulty in popping out the old glass and putting in the
new glass (and what kind of adhesive would be best), without messing up
the motors inside the mirror?

Next, The owner's manual mentions a standard 15 gallon gas tank, and an
optional 22 (I think it said) gallon tank. I got my Dak used (it used
to be my Dad's), so how can I tell for sure which tank is installed? I
just put 18 gallons in it yesterday, so I'm fairly certain I've got the
larger tank, but I want to make sure the gas station doesn't have a pump
that overcharged me.

Thanks,
Kurt