Transmission Trouble - '98 Auto

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Fri Dec 15 2006 - 14:38:38 EST

I've got no reverse (feels like 1st and R are fighting each other) and N
gives me some forward momentum. D works perfect, trans shifts and drives
right. Fluid was heinously low, thought that was the problem but after
topping off the ATF4 fill with ATF4 nothing changed.

Truck has sat for a couple weeks. Maybe a month. Last thing it did was
back down my driveway to its parking spot, so this problem cropped up
while it sat.

I have a code set for governor pressure solenoid over voltage.

Any guesses?

My only thought is to pull the valve body and see if something in there is
plugged or broken. Linkage feels fine, P is park and D is drive, so it's
at least mostly right...

Help! =)

--
  +-- Mike Maskalans ---------------- Rochester, NY ----------+
  | '98 Dakota CC, SAS on 40s  '84 RamCharger 4x4, plow truck |