Re: 03-04 Rear disc axle in a 92

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sat Dec 16 2006 - 13:49:49 EST

mark blevins wrote:

> Does any one know the specs of the Dak '03-'04 rear axle w/disc brakes well
> enough to know if they are a bolt in replacement for a 92 Dakota LE ext cab
> w 5sp manual and RWAL drums?
>
> It would be a nice upgrade and I think quite a bit easier and cheaper than
> installing a rear disc kit from SSBC.
>
> thx
>
> Mark B
>
> 92 Dak LE 3.9 Magnum / 5 sp
> MOPAR performance PC
> Custom throttle body
> March underdrive pulleys
> Jacobs Ignition
> 15x8 Gen II wheel set

I don't know the exact spec differences, but you should be able to
unbolt the drum backing plate from your 92 and bolt on the rear discs
from the 03-04 without much trouble. might require new parking brake
cables however. Not positive.

"The word, is no. I am therefore going anyway." - James T. Kirk

75 Honda CL360, 89 Dakota, 89 Dakota 4x4, 95 Dakota 4x4, 96 Neon, 01 Ram 4x4 http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/ AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine