Re: front bumper question

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Tue Dec 19 2006 - 13:59:12 EST

Don wrote:

> Will not bolt to a Gen III, The whole Gen IV was redesigned. No body
> parts are swappable. Sorry.
>
> On Dec 19, 2006, at 9:44 AM, Gabriel A. Couriel wrote:
>

>> Got a question for everybody: in 01 the Dak dropped the steel front
>> bumper,
>> and went with a plastic/resin material. anybody know if that bumper will
>> bolt up to the previous generation, and whether there's any weight savings
>> in doing the swap? i need to repair my front bumper, and would like
>> to swap
>> it out instead, and am wondering whether it'll bolt/line up.
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> Gabriel A. Couriel

It sounds like Gabriel was asking if the later 1-piece Gen III all
plastic bumper covers would work with the earlier Gen III
steel-upper/plastic-lower equipped trucks. In which case I believe they
will. As long as you have all the parts (bumper cover, sub-bumper,
brackets, etc) then they should be a direct swap.

"The word, is no. I am therefore going anyway." - James T. Kirk

75 Honda CL360, 89 Dakota, 89 Dakota 4x4, 95 Dakota 4x4, 96 Neon, 01 Ram 4x4 http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/ AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine