Swapping cams

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Sun Dec 31 2006 - 05:03:15 EST

That time of year when I start thing of mods for spring time. Now that
the extended service plan is no longer a issue. I'm thinking of
up-grading the cams in my 4.7L. 206 cams are the next step up, I would
like to know what difference the 210 or 212 cams would make compared to
the 206s? Is it more then what the rest of the intake and exhaust are
set up for? It's a 2000, with a 2003 intake, ported & polished 68MM T/B,
CAI and cat back exhaust. The exhaust has a few small pinhole holes on
the welds and will need to be replaced also by the spring. Thinking of
going with a new Y-pipe, hi flow cat and single pipe muffler going out
the stock pipe location.

Also after removing the valve covers, How long dose it take to swap the
cams in a 4.7L?

I'm not drag racing or out trying to beat up young punks, just looking
for some more fun :-)

- --
Don Mallett
Y2K QC 4.7L Auto SLT+ 4x2