Oil Filters

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com)
Date: Sat Jan 06 2007 - 12:34:03 EST

I was at Wally World last night and I noticed 2 things, one seemingly
bad, and one seemingly good[ish]. #1 The newer Supertech Oil filters
[the red and blue box] don't seem to be made by Champion anymore, and
now have no mention of synthetic filter media on the box. Looks like I
am going to have to switch back to M1/K&N.. The other thing I notices
was what looked like a whole case of what looked like honest to god
Mopar filters, complete with DC logos and the whole bit, for $4 each.
They appeared to be the same filter as the radioactive orange Fram's
they normally sell, but had all the right stickes and paint just like a
regular dealer filter. Anybody know about this?