Re: Help! Advice [Chris Martin]

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Mon Jan 08 2007 - 13:02:16 EST

clmartin@ppcusd8.org wrote:
> DML List,
>
> Every vehicle I've ever owned has had its share of quirky little
> idiosyncracies and "Achilles Heels." In comparing notes with other high
> mile owners, it is amazing how systems fail at about the same # miles or
> rate.
>
> What are your nagging experiences with these???

LOL - I think I am exempt from answering this question. However I did
have both my 1989 Daks, who were made very close to eachother at the
same plant, drop their rear view mirrors off the glass within the same
week of eachother. It was wild. I got into one truck, - no rear view
mirror... its on the floor. I got into the other truck later in the
week, same thing. The mirror is on the floor. One truck in Chicago its
whole life, my grandfathers. And the other Christine, from Columbia,
CT, a snow plow truck that I brought back to Chicago. These are two
trucks that spent all their lives, hundrids of miles apart, with fairly
similar climates. I'm think the north east winters are statistically a
bit more harsh however.

After 2001, the trucks were both in my operation, so they didn't stay
stock for very long. And I didn't put the bulk of the miles on either
of these trucks. So I can't tell you when the stock ball joints went :)

"The word, is no. I am therefore going anyway." - James T. Kirk

75 Honda CL360, 89 Dakota, 89 Dakota 4x4, 95 Dakota 4x4, 96 Neon, 01 Ram 4x4 http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/ AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine