2008 National DML Meet?

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sat Jan 27 2007 - 14:26:20 EST

   I know, I know, all this meet talk - what can I say, I've
got a mild case of cabin fever. :-)

   Even though its only been 188 days and 14 hours since the
National DML Meet ended (but who's counting?), I figured I'd
post to see if folks might be interested in some followup
discussion to an idea that was advanced at the national meet.
I'm thinking the idea came from either Mike or Walt? but
regardless, the idea was put forth that since we were all
having such a good time at the National DML Meet, maybe
we should figure on doing one every couple of years?

   Basically, the idea was that every couple of years, the
DML BBQ here in western NY would be preempted by a National
DML Meet, which would be held at a different place every
year. I believe the idea was put forth that perhaps in
2008, we should have one closer to the east coast, since
the last one was in Colorado. Obviously, there are a lot of
possibilities; I think Maine was mentioned, or maybe
somewhere in the Adirondaks or Appalachians? I guess it
depends somewhat on what people are interested in, but
given that the majority of the "core group" of maniacs who
are willing to travel the distances required to make these
meets are into offroading, it seems inevitable that offroading
is likely to play a large role in any location which is chosen.

    Anyway, what does everyone else think? Is this something
you'd be interested in? If so, do you have any ideas for
activities or suggestions for locations? Obviously, this
isn't something that needs to be decided right away :-) but
I figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to get everybody thinking
about it. Keep it in the back of your mind, and maybe you will
be flipping through a magazine or catch part of a TV show and
notice a place that looks like it might make a good location
for such a meet.

--
                                          -Jon-