RE: Re: Dakota Won't Start

From: Jamie Calder (jcalder3@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Sat Jan 27 2007 - 23:10:01 EST

It runs!

Even though every plug wire showed a spark when tested I decided to pull a
plug to watch the plug fire and it didn't fire. Pulled another one, no
spark. So even though the wire arcs does not necessarily mean the ignition
is working properly. Even the FSM said if there's a spark off the coil
wire, you can assume the ignition system is working properly! I then
noticed the coil wire was touching the valve cover and saw carbon deposits
where it was arcing. When that happens, it ruins the coil. Replaced the
coil and wires and fired right up!
So now I got an extra PCM which is fine since I'll need to send one away to
be flashed for the 408 and will always have a spare on hand for trouble
shooting.