Re: 2007 DML BBQ Date?

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Mon Jan 29 2007 - 10:11:52 EST

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
> Terrible Tom <SilverEightynine@aol.com> wrote:
> : I wouldn't put it past things, to see a BBQ happen in
> : early August one of these years... The BBQ seems to manifest itself
> : later and later in july. (come to think of it we havn't talked about
> : potential dates yet, I suppose that will come about soon enough)
>

> I suppose now is as good a time as any. :-) Might be a bit early
> yet, but if anyone has any suggestions, I'm open to them.
>
> Something that I was considering after Daktoberfest this year
> was the possibility of moving the BBQ a bit earlier, partly to put
> a little more space between it and Daktoberfest. In looking at
> the seasonal weather averages for this area, any time in July
> or August will be pretty much the same temperature, which is the
> yearly high for this area (average of 80). June starts out at
> 70 and ends at 80, so sometime in mid June might be a possibility.
> The amount of rainfall looks to be fairly constant from April right
> through mid August, so there isn't really a difference there as
> far as the amount of mud and possibility of rain goes - that's a
> crap shoot. I suppose having it in June instead of July would tend
> to increase the amount of mud available just because the really
> hot temps haven't hit quite yet, but neither one is going to
> be able to hold a candle to Daktoberfest for mud volume. One
> problem with July is that the first week invariably conflicts
> with the 4th of July for some people, and the 2nd week with Carlisle
> for others, so for July, that really only leaves the last couple of
> weekends, which is nearly into August, and only 3 months until
> Daktoberfest. I thought maybe putting it earlier might not only
> reduce the temperatures a bit, but also give the long distance
> travellers a bit more breathing room between events to let the
> gas credit cards recharge. :-)
>
> Anyway, I figured I'd throw that possibility out there -
> would mid-late June be a decent BBQ time? Any other suggestions
> would also be appreciated.

Well for me, I have no dates set in stone for anything yet. One thing I
discovered with the BBQ in late July, I have putzed away the summer
prepping and waiting for the BBQ, when I get home its like "where the
hell did the summer go?"

So on a personal note, June would work great lol

Get a freaking rose tattoo and deal with it...
three busted-ass daks, a gas hog, and a rollerskate
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine