Having some troubles with the truck...

From: bfitchett@comcast.net
Date: Mon Jan 29 2007 - 14:01:24 EST

Hello DML! Been a long time since I have been around. I am having some
problems with the truck and figured this would be a great place to come for
some help!

First off its a 1998 CC V6. Here is the problem. Last week on the way home
from work the truck just died (a couple of times at that). It would restart
fine and would be going fine until I let off the gas at which time the RPMs
would drop to about 500 and then stumble and die. I got home but had to keep
the RPMs up and couldnt really let off the gas and let it idle. Funny thing is
if I could get stopped and SLOWLY let off the gas, it would drop in RPMs then
come back up and be fine. I got into work the same way this morning. I know
it probably needs some TLC. A transmission service and oil change are on tap.
Plugs, wires, cap and rotor were done about 1 year ago back when I was in Utah.
 Truck made it to Chicago just fine and had been going strong since then
(July). Maybe the cold temps have something to do with it.

So Dakota experts, any ideas???

Thanks,

Brian
Suburban Chicago