Re: Heater blower

From: John Hower (jehower@comcast.net)
Date: Thu Feb 01 2007 - 12:38:23 EST

Thanks. I pulled the resistor this morning and there was no doubt
that it was dead. One connection inside was completely corroded away.
There must have been just enough 'meat' to make the connection until
yesterday. I was able to move that leg of the coil to an area that
was solid and had connection and all speeds on the blower, so it's
off to the dealer to get a replacement.

Nothing to update on the odd squealing noise yet. I did follow Ken's
advice and clean the glaze off the water pump and idler pulleys and
check the washer on the tensioner bolt. The noise has not returned --
so far -- and there was one almost 200 mile trip split between
highway and city driving. So, that may have solved it.

John
'95 Dakota 4x2 3.9 automatic